Review of GE Profile Washer-Dryer Combo - After 10 Days

GE Profile Washer-Dryer Combo



We recently replaced our standard stackable LG Washer and Dryer. We have them for about 10 years. I was eager to try a washer dry combo. Lulu was happy to just keep our old units. I consider myself an early adapter or adopter. I always like to get the latest and greatest tools and technology. Lulu tends to pacify me. She gets attached to items and likes to keep them around a long time. I always buy something with an out. In this case I have 90 days to try the new combo. If I get buyer's remorse they go back to the store. Most big box stores are good at return policies. Just keep your receipt and packing. 

First off - the new Combo costs $2100. The price included delivery and set up. I never used to buy the extra warranty - but I am soft in my old age - I paid $250 for a 5 year cover everything warranty. I sold our old washer and dryer set for $800. 

If I have to list a negative - the unit weighs 300 pounds. I would not want to try to lift this myself. There is a plus to that. When you level it - it prevents a lot of vibration. The unit is perfectly quiet when operating. 

I simply wanted a washer-dryer that did not need me to physically transfer the clothes from one to the other. This unit covers that. You put the clothes in - press a button - walk away. It adds the detergent from a 50 ounce reservoir. This is better than the Tide pods we used to use. We gave 2 bags of Tide Pods to the buyer of our old set. 

The unit runs on 110 volts - one small plug. It uses a heat pump to dry the clothes. There is no vent. There is a lint filter. It has 4 hookups - hot water - cold water - drain - 110 volt cord. My old 220 plug is empty - I will plug the old dryer vent hole. 

Plenty of critics on Facebook told me they had washer dryer combos and they said they. sucked. This is something new. This is a heat pump. The units only draws a couple amps. It only uses 16 cents of power to wash and dry a full load. That is much less than a big 220 dryer. I can even run this washer-dryer combo using my big battery and inverter - or using my Honda generator. 

Of course this flowery review will not convince some critics. I have been doing at least once load every day for 10 days. I have cleaned wool blankets - bedspread quilts - linens - sneakers - rags - white clothes - colors - everything. 

The clothes come out perfectly dry and fluffy. Some people told me they would be wet and wrinkly. So I was sensitive to that. 

It has tons of settings you can use - even an app for your phone. It will beep when the load is done. Also the manufacturer can update the software over wifi. After 90 days if things stay the same - I will keep them. 

Lulu comments - I only did one load so far.  Harry is really keeping up with the laundry.  I like all the features too.  It took a little while to sell our old set and it was on the back porch waiting for pick up.  We are real Southerners now.  The men in my life - Harry, Drew, and Keith -  push me to try new things, particularly electronics.  It's good or I would probably still have a flip phone. Oh, wait, they have come back. 



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Got to Inspect A New Tesla Truck and Also Test Full Self Driving (FSD) in a Tesla Model Y

Electric Trike Rickshaw - Product Review